Facility Use Policy - Study Rooms
The Library has private study rooms for patron use.
Priority will be given to residents of the Chappaqua Central School District and Chappaqua Library cardholders.
Only residents of the Chappaqua Central School District and Chappaqua Library cardholders may reserve a study room.
Individuals who are not residents of the Chappaqua Central School District or Chappaqua Library cardholders may not reserve a study room. If a study room is available the non-resident may be given access to a study room to use for a two hour time period.
Rules for reservations by residents of the Chappaqua Central School District or Chappaqua Library cardholders:
- The room reservations are made on a first come first serve basis.
- Rooms are reserved for a maximum of two-hours (2 hours). Rooms are held for 15 minutes after reservation begins and may be forfeited after that time.
- Room reservations may be booked up to two weeks in advance.
- Room assignment is at the discretion of Library staff.
- The room must be used by the patron who booked the room. A Chappaqua library card or other identification must be presented before being admitted to the room.
If a person is asked to leave a room because the two hours are up, there is no guarantee that another room will be available.
All personal belongings must be taken when leaving the room. The Library does not accept any responsibility for damage, loss, or theft of personal property.
Patrons will be asked to leave the room if not abiding by the rules.
The Library may amend, revoke, or replace any of the forgoing Policies and Rules at any time and for any reason, subject only to the discretion of the Library’s Board of Directors and applicable law.
Adopted by the Chappaqua Library Board of Trustees – March 2016.
Revised by the Chappaqua Library Board of Trustees – July 2016.